It is Monday! Rise and shine! Progressives have been able to stop the unconscionable lack of action on the part of Sens. Krysten Sinema and Joe Manchin, for now. The Jan. 6, 2021 attempted coup d’etat may not be the GOP’s favorite subject because so many of them are implicated in potentially criminal behavior. Our pandemic threatens to last far longer than it should and nobody wins if it does.
Here are some of the stories you may have missed:
- Biden and House progressives turn back would-be Democratic saboteurs, for now
- GOP lies tied to rural Americans dying of COVID at double the number compared to urbanites
- Trump loyalists face Jan. 6 subpoena deadline, and committee is ready to make criminal referrals
- Conservatives attack veterans like Sen. Tammy Duckworth over disability tax exemption
- Arizona activists confront AZ Sen. Sinema in ASU bathroom, demanding she delivers on her promises
- COVID-19 must be eliminated, not become endemic, if America is to survive
- California governor signs eight police reform bills, accomplishing what federal legislators couldn’t
- Capitol attackers ran past reinforced windows to vulnerable ones. How did they know where to go?
From the community:
- Kyrsten Sinema spent the weekend insulting young Hispanic activists right to their faces
- The Pandora Papers: The biggest trove of leaked offshore data in history.