Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex has always had a troublesome relationship with the British Tabloids. Both Markle and her husband, Prince Harry have time and again accused the UK tabloids of being very harsh to the former Suits actress and that they were very ‘racist’ towards her. Now in a new turn of events, Markle’s co-star Simon Rex revealed that he was offered $70,000 by an unnamed UK tabloid to claim that he had slept with her.
In an interview with the Guardian , Rex said that an unnamed British tabloid offered him $70,000 to say that he had slept with the Duchess of Sussex. Rex and Meghan Markle had previously appeared together in an episode of the sitcom Cuts in 2005, and as per the media outlet, the pair only shared a platonic lunch during that time.
Rex said, “I was broke as f**k! I really needed the money. But I’ll be on food stamps before I do that.” He also shared that Markle had later send him a thank you note and wrote, “It’s nice to know there are still good people.” Taking to his Twitter, Rex further spoke abut the incident and wrote, “This is true. And I framed the thank you letter she wrote me. She has very nice penmanship btw.”
This is true. And I framed the thank you letter she wrote me. She has very nice penmanship btw. https://t.co/oBF1SDbhqo
— Simon Rex (@SimonRex) March 18, 2022
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were also engaged in a legal battle with British tabloids The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Express, and Daily Mirror. In her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, Markle revealed that the false picture that the British tabloid built about her was one of the main factors why she and Prince Harry decided to step back as members of the British Royal Family.